Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Well Dressed ..(.Well, not really dressed)

As I sit here not really dressed (in my jammies, having my coffee and juice and fussing with html for the website I am trying to get friendly with), I am receiving in my email an array of well dressed dogs. Now my doggies have coats for cold weather and I think they are very cute


This was taken in 2003, and like all of us around here, there have been some changes in degrees of cuteness-- added to which it is summer and the doggies are not at this moment all white and fluffy-- more like scruffy and bedraggled.

This makes it all the more difficult to avoid comparting cuteness when you get pictures like these from my dog loving friend who is multi-ethnic and one of my favorite sources of Asian lore.


You see, someone is designing kimonos for doggies!

The saving grace is that the friend who sent this and other kimono pictures is a Corgi fancier. I would like to see her Corgi sit up like this in a kimono!

If I had a little doggie like this, I might order a kimono just to show off. But I don't have doggies like this-- I have fox terriers who love to rip through the back woods and dig holes in the forest floor. They wouldn't be caught dead in a kimono. How would the neighbor's cat take them seriously? Also, I am sure my favorite dog walker would not be seen walking fox terriers so clad.

The little dog in that pictures doesn't show her feet. I wonder if they made her wear platform shoes with wood blocks underneath.

Green Thumb